Emergency Q is a digital system that reduces crowding in hospital Emergency Departments by creating a real-time connection between patients, Emergency Departments and community Doctors.
It empowers patients suited to primary care by providing the data they need to make informed decisions about where to seek treatment. In the past year our pilot at one of New Zealand’s busiest hospitals reduced total attendance volumes by 12%, saving patients more than 50,000 hours. In the process Emergency Q significantly relieved pressure on ED staff and beds and created cost savings.
As a proven platform Emergency Q is now being made available to other hospitals both in New Zealand and around the world.
Our job is to tackle the longstanding problem of hospital ED overcrowding. We do this by putting the power back into the hands of patients and their whanau/carers when it comes to making decisions about urgent primary care. Placing the right data in the hands of patients enables informed decision making and pathway selection. That’s what we do.
Technology and people enabling patients to get the best care, faster.
Empowering patients to make smart urgent care choices.
“What do you like about Emergency Q?”
FOR EMERGENCY DEPARTMENTs
- Observable, sustained reduction in non-emergency patient volumes
- Staff free to focus on emergency cases
- Less pressure on beds and other physical assets
- Deferred need to grow ED capacity and cost of capital savings
- Reduced clinical FTE budget pressure to meet population growth
- Access the right care, faster (“get home quicker”)
- See and compare live wait and treatment times (hospital vs primary care)
- Health literacy: learn about the types of medical conditions you should go to hospital for (and what you should see a GP for)
- Locate and book nearest available primary care providers instantly